Sunday, February 5, 2012

Whiteboard Monthly Planner D.I.Y.

I recently bought a whiteboard monthly planner. & as I was so committed to having a planned month and being able to see what's up with each day made me so excited about the whole item.



The only Problem I had with it was:
I noticed after having a few months of having to write/ rewrite all the numbers, that it took a few minutes of my time having to write the dates impeccably on the board, erase & rewrite on the boxes. (I'm into time saving/ time management, so I really have to spend all my time wisely, time is gold as they say)

Solution:
Get a magnetic dates (numbers) so i don't have to write/ rewrite the dates...

To get my magnetic dates my options were these:
1. To shop all day, looking for magnetic numbers....
2. To make/ create magnetic dates for myself (which made sense for me since I love creating and making things handmade)

I took option 2

MATERIALS:

  • Sticker Paper
  • Scissors
  • Cutter
  • Cutting mat
  • Metal ruler
  • Magnetic sheet (bought mine at Gilmore Avenue at Platinum PC shop third floor, Manila Philippines)
  • Printer
Template for the numbers: 

My numbers were approximately around 1.25 cm x 1.25 cm square inside a guide square where we will be following as cutting guides.
1. Print this template on a matte sticker paper. 



2. Once printed stick the printed sticker paper on the magnetic sheet. A magnetic sheet has two sides one matte & the other side shiny. Put the printed sticker on the matte side of the magnetic sheet and not on the shiny part of the magnetic sheet. 

3. Start cutting using your cutter or scissors, I prefer using a cutter & a metal ruler to do just that because it creates a cleaner cut. Just follow the lines when cutting to create even squares.



4. Now, all the pieces are cut. You can now start sticking them on the Metal Whiteboard Monthly Planner. 



Enjoy. Saves time in the future, every minute counts. So now you can just stick all those numbers wherever they need to be, & write away with all the necessary to do for your monthly dates.



No comments:

Post a Comment