Thursday, July 19, 2012

Creepy Crawlers!!! Higad Season!: The Aftermath

Alright, it definitely was a bad idea to let the Higad (hairy caterpillars) from walking around my room and letting them stay inside my room and create their wondrous cocoon.

What happened:

I was in a hurry to get a huge bag for my heels (shoes), so I won't have to commute in heels to an event I was part of, which required a lot of walking from the train stations to the event venue.

The bag I choose to bring, actually had a  Higad (hairy caterpillars) cocoon under it. 

I hailed a tricycle* (three wheeled vehicle with a sidecar), put that bag on my lap, & when i got to the train station. My left thigh started to itch, as if little needles were poking my leg as I was walking. I was looking at my bag if it had some needle sticking out of it. There was nothing there, when i looked under the bag the culprit was there, a Higad cocoon. 

I tried using duct tape to remove what was left of the cocoon hair on my thigh, it didn't work. So I bought alcohol spray, to relieve the itchiness and slight tolerable pain. 

I had rashes, on the spot. Some red spots turned into bruises. 

Day after the incident. It still had the rashes, the itchiness and redness. So, I searched the internet for a solution. I found http://www.curelibrary.com/blog/health-notes/cure-for-painful-and-itchy-higad-attack-hairy-caterpillar/ which was fantastic. 

After the failed attempts of looking for a cure this home remedy did the job. Boiled some water, washed the area with water, rubbed salt, and poured vinegar on the spot. Smelled perfectly great! All I need are garlic and shallots to make a Filipino fruit dip or barbeque dip that is. Just kidding. 

Anyway that cure did a great job of relieving the itchiness and redness. My skin is slowly going back to it's normal state. Thank God!!!! :D 

Thank you www.curelibrary.com! 







No comments:

Post a Comment